How and why to run a UKA Show
By choosing UKA you are providing your group/club and competitors greater choice, whilst being able to raise funds without the usual stress and time commitment that is normally associated with hosting a successful event.
There is an ever increasing demand for UKA shows. In 2012 we have been growing on an average rate of 25 new members a week and 35 new dogs registered weekly all culminating with a total of 8206 members and 12,666 dogs registered with UKA as of October 20th 2012.
We offer show mangers more than just the name, rules and regulations. We offer support and expertise.
To host a UKA event all you need to do prior to your event is decide:
We do the rest!
- the date
- and organise the helpers.
Clubs, training centres and private individuals that host their first UKA show will receive the following:
- UKA will handle all entries direct.
- All phone, email and postal enquiries are dealt with by UKA.
- Free processing - all paper work will be produced free of charge by UKA.
- Competitors will be able to enter the show online or by post.
- The show schedule, ring plan and confirmation letter will be produced by UKA.
- UKA will assist you with arranging all facilities and suppliers needed (equipment hire, timing, toilets, skips, tanoy, caterers, rosettes, trophies etc.). We are also able to offer reduced rates for UKA shows from our preferred suppliers.
- Capping limit - The number of entrants is determined by the size of the venue and/or amount of help you have, making for an easily managed show while still allowing four + runs per dog.
- Public Liability Insurance up to £5,000,000 is covered through UK Agility's insurance policy.
- As part of running a show you will receive a management pack that contains templates of letters and forms you may wish to use.
- Support from the UKA team is available to deal with any queries you have throughout the show preparation and give advice, support and suggestions as to what is needed.
- A UKA representative will be at the show to run the computer scoring system, to measure dogs and at your first show to help in the Secretaries tent in the morning.
- All qualifying results at your show are recorded and will be displayed on the internet and available to be tracked by the competitor.
- UKA allows late entries, which not only keeps the competitors happy but allows extra revenue to be gained for the show.
- UKA will finalise the show accounts, including chasing any debtors and dealing with unclaimed rosettes before paying the show manger the remaining show monies.
If you are interested in running a show under UKA rules and regulations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details on the above or if you have any questions or queries.